Thursday, November 25, 2010

SPF 30, coconuts, and fishnets



I had a Peace Corps meeting on Monday so I decided to go down to Monrovia a few days early. I needed a break from Zwedru and our friends from the Indian bat. invited us to Robertsport on Sunday. Robertsport is known for being one of the best surfing areas on the West Coast of Africa. I certainly wasn't going to go surfing but thought it would be fun to take a road trip (as if going to Greenville and back and then down to Monrovia wasn't enough) and just relax in the sun for a day. It took about 2 hours to get there. We packed a picnic, our bathing suits and suntan lotion. It was really all we needed.
We drank fresh coconut water, went swimming, and ate some curry.

We were also able to see the local fishermen bring in their evening catch. I wasn't thrilled to see what had been swimming around with me all afternoon, but it was interesting to see the guys working so hard to pull the fish in and then watch all the market women come in and divide everything up for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment