Friday, November 19, 2010

I went Southeast....

I learned many lessons the last time I was in Greenville. I brought them all with me this time! It hadn't rained very hard in a few days so the trip down was fast and easy. Too bad it rained everyday we were there. I was still able to enjoy a beautiful sunset though!



I went on this trip in order to monitor the clinics we trained in September and provide technical guidance wherever needed. WFP actually sent me alone this time... which I felt was a good thing. When I visit clinics with WFP staff I usually end up taking a back seat. Having the freedom to be alone and educate the clinic staff was really great and brought me back to the type of work I did in Zambia, which I really have been missing! It was so nice to be able to sit with clinic staff, work with them one-on-one, and see the different communities in which they live. Granted, we didn't spend much time at each clinic, I still feel it was helpful for them to get feedback on program implementation and have a chance to ask any questions they had. Over the 4 days we were there I was able to visit 10 clinics and hold a coordination meeting at the district hospital. Some of the clinics were good, some were bad, and the county health team still sucks, but overall I enjoyed the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment