Monday, August 23, 2010

Seeing is Believing

I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there myself. We held our first clinic training today. After looking over the schedule and planned activities, I was thinking it wouldnt take too long and I could be back in town in time to meet Ruthia for dinner and pick up the outfit I am having made for my Monrovia trip this week. Our agenda included guidelines and admission/discharge criteria, a MUAC tape demo, storeroom management and record keeping and practice in calculating the ration rate/person/day for each food commodity. Ok, now that I wrote it all out I should've known it was going to take FOREVER. We spent an hour just on the overview and objectives! I had to quietly remind myself about where I was and how things work around here. Thankfully by 5:30pm we wrapped up the last bit and I headed home. Exhausted.
Update 9/1/10: We completed trainings in all 3 Grand Gedeh clinics!

No comments:

Post a Comment