Thursday, August 5, 2010

Meetings to Schedule Meetings

I went to the hospital for a meeting on Monday. The meeting went like this:
County Health Team: "Great! We're so happy you're here. Now let's meet on Tuesday with this other person who isn't here today."
Me: "Ok."
Tuesday's meeting went like this:
County Health Team and Monday's missing person: "Great! We're so happy you're here. Let's meet on Wednesday with this person who isn't here today."
Me: "Ok."
Wednesday's meeting went like this:
County Health Team and Monday and Tuesdays missing people: "Great! We're so happy you're here. Let's meet on Thursday with this person who isn't here today."
Me: " Is there ANYONE else who should be at the meeting tomorrow who is not here today?"
CHT: "No, thats it."
Me: "Ok, call me and let me know what time."

Today is Thursday and I never met with that other person because I never got the call. My main WFP counterpart and I have decided to move forward as best we can without them. WFP has reinstated the Mother and Child Health Program in three health facilities in this county and in seven facilities in the neighboring county. But, before the food rations arrive this month we need to get to each clinic to conduct a workshop on WFP guidleines, admission/discharge criteria, use of MUAC tapes to measure for malnutrition, and record keeping and monthly reporting. Today we are working on a draft schedule and budget for the training, which will hopefully be quickly approved by the head office so we can begin next week as planned. It would be great if the County Health Team could be involved at this point, but I'm not sure I can take one more meeting to schedule a meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment